Friday, August 19, 2011

Lung Issues Found In Veterans

The current August 13th issue of Science News has an interesting article regarding lung issues in veterans who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Biopsies reveled that they were suffering from Constrictive Bronchiolitis. Bad. Really bad.

It reminded me one again how important it is to realize what we are breathing into our lungs. So many invisible antigens can cause our lungs to be injured. In my case, I did not realize that I was inhaling an antigen that was permanently damaging my lungs until it was too late. The symptoms were just a dry cough and being short of breath.

I feel so bad for these young veterans who now must adjust their lives to living with a lung disease.

The full article can be found here:

In other news:
It was nice to spend an entire day home yesterday. Well, I did go to rehab, cleaned the house, cooked several meals for Michael while I am gone and finished all the laundry. I am leaving again this morning for two days with my mom. She is being released from the rehab center on Saturday and we will begin a new phase towards her full recovery from her fractured pelvis.

She is feeling confident.

She is one strong woman.

Once again, I am learning so many lessons.

No comments: