Sunday, August 14, 2011

Homecomings

Michael is coming home today. I am so looking forward to hearing about all of his adventures. I have rested and tried to resist working in the garden or any other projects. I read, napped and sat outside. Daydreamed.

Today is also a very sweet day for me. My son has a day off from the tour and happens to be in Albuquerque. My brother Chip lives about an hour from the city. They have made contact and he is renting a car for a visit with Chip and Betty.

It has been a deep desire of mine for my son and brother to get to know each other as adults. They are so similar. I think William will recognize the similarity once they spend some time together. Both have pinball machines in their living rooms, though neither knew about the others.  They both love vinyl records. They both would rather starve than do some job they don’t want to do. Neither is driven by money. Both are very good money managers. Both are engineers with the stereotypical engineering minds. They look similar. They speak with the same cadence. Often I have to wait for a couple of words before I know which is calling me on the phone.

I think William has often wondered where he came from. He is so different from Michael and me. I think spending time my brother will begin to fill in the pieces of the puzzle of genetics. So, in a way, it may be a homecoming for him, too.

No comments: