Friday, August 26, 2011

The Other Rehab


With all the time I have spent with mom the past couple of weeks, I was not able to go to the other rehab. This is the rehab that is not the class with the rehab boys. This is the Monday, Wednesday, Friday rehab.

I was able to work out at this rehab last Monday. It felt great to be back in my groove. My body was beginning to rebel. I swear I could see my thighs begin to lose definition. It was time to get back to my routine.

What I didn’t expect was the amount of attention afforded to me. All my buddies, both men and women, dropped by to ask if I was okay. Apparently, they were worried that I had a downturn with my health since I had not been there. How sweet they even noticed I was absent.

What was even more surprising, the RNs dropped by to ask if I was feeling well. Then, the people who I really didn’t know well also came by while I was working out to check in.

I was very touched by all of the unexpected attention. I guess we all think we stumble through a day or life without much effect on the people around us. Apparently, I was missed. It made me smile all day.

No comments: