Saturday, February 4, 2012

Medical Tests

Mammogram time. I had a great technician who delivered a fast and pain-free experience. The letter came in the mail yesterday that everything was fine. "See you next year."

A relief. I had a core biopsy four years ago right in the middle of the worst times of my lung illness. The idea of also having cancer was overwhelming. It turned out to be nothing but I have a mammogram every year just to be sure all is well.

It has been 10 years since my last colonscopy and I think it is time to schedule that fun procedure. It is on my list of things to do for next week. (And yes, Joanne, there always seems to be a list!)

Why all the tests? I was made aware that these tests along with many others are part of the process for lung transplants. If I am having any issues, I want to know them now. These are tests that I can schedule myself. I know I am having or had medication-based issues with my liver and cholesterol and my weight. All are or will soon be under control and will be non-issues when the time comes for the myriad of tests for new lungs.

I think I have been pushing myself to hard the past couple of weeks. Today, I am going to work in the gardens: pull some weeds, cut the grass, water everything. We have had very little rain and everything is dry. It is sunny but not too warm so it will be a pleasant gardening day. Afterwards, I think a short nap is in order.

No comments: