Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Food

Superbowl + Food = Trouble.

Maybe.

I just saw something on TV this morning that we in the US will consume millions of chicken wings and over seven million pounds of avocados for guacamole during the Superbowl. That makes me shiver. I personally hate chicken wings!

Why do certain celebrations give those of us with weight issues a "pass" to eat anything we want all day? Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Birthday, Superbowl. What I say? Wrong. No, thank you. Tomorrow comes along with the regrets of eating too much. Just not worth it to me.

Today's line up of food for our household? Egg whites with some salsa this morning (Michael is cooking them right now), tuna salad and veggies for lunch and crab for dinner. Crab is the Superbowl "treat." One treat. Plain crab. No butter.

Delicious.

So I guess we all have a choice today. Those choices will determine how we feel tomorrow.

No comments: