Friday, October 25, 2013

Flu Shot

I so miss my computer.  It is my entertainment during the day, keeps me current and hopefully, it should be out of surgery soon.

My body is feeling all of the exercise this week. I think the yoga class pushed it over the edge as I am sore.  My core, arms and thighs! Back to the other rehab this morning before meeting up with mom. We have no plans so it should be fun.

Flu shots: haven't gotten ours yet. I was waiting until I was fully recovered from the pneumonia and bronchitis but I think I am now ready. Michael and I are planning to get it at CVS on Sunday before we head to the city. We are going out in a social setting for the first time in months. The owners of our favorite group of restaurants in the city have invited us to a luncheon at their home to celebrate their daughter's 3rd birthday. They are expecting a baby next year and have just returned from a 6-week visit with relatives in the south of France.

In the past years, Michael always refused to get the flu vaccine. He had all the excuses but what worried me the most was that he could bring it into our house. Nope. Wouldn't have it. What has changed his mind? He got the flu four years ago. It was bad. He thought it would be easier to die than to recover. Now, he never wants to have to endure it again. Also, I hear that the expected flu is a respiratory virus. So this year, it is even more important that those of us with lung issues are protected.

No comments: