Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Skin Cancer

My computer is going to visit a genius today. Thankfully, Michael's iPad is helping me at the moment. After working out at the other rehab yesterday and lunch with my mom, I drove deep into the heart of the city for an appointment with Dr. F., my dermatologist.

With years of Imuran under my belt, I no longer have protection from skin cancer. Dr. K. told me to be sure that I am checked for it every year. I had first met Dr. F. just before my surgery to remove the basil cell carcinoma. It has been several months.

She checked the scar, I told her about wanting to meet every year and she asked if anything was bothering me. Yes! Several bumps have suddenly shown up on my legs, hands and arms. I scratched them yet they are still there. Little white, tender, scaly, bumps. She said they were precancerous, grabbed the freezing torch and went to work. All in all, she froze over 20 of them. It hurt but I was so happy to get rid of them. Well, it will be a while before they die and disappear.

If you are on Cellcept or Imuran, please protect yourself from the sun and have your skin checked for cancer. Dr. F. wants to see me every six months.

No comments: