Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Synergy

Throughout our marriage, our timing has been extraordinary. There is a spot, one spot, at the beginning of the pass to drive over the mountain to the coast where the south bound cars meet the northbound cars at a stoplight. When we were both working and leaving work at various times, it was just weird how often we would be a few cars in front or behind each other. Last week, when I was parking the car for lunch with mom, Michael pulled up next to us. He had been delivering a car and spotted us as we drove through an intersection. I was not surprised. We do this sort of thing all the time. If we plan to meet somewhere, we are both always early by about the same minutes. Our rhythms are the same.

Yesterday, mom and I had a ball at Home Depot. She almost lives there. All the employees say hello as they pass by. We met a lovely woman who helped us check out at the returns counter, we talked and we ended up hugging each other. She told us that they needed a lot more fun customers like us! Driving back to mom's place, we were on the main road near Michael's work when suddenly, I spotted him running across the 4-lane road. What are the odds? We followed him, had a quick chat and a kiss and off he went!

Also, he worked the phone and got a reservation at the #1 restaurant in SF for my birthday dinner. What a guy.

This is going to be a huge day for me. I am not sure if I can do everything on my list! This morning, the nursery is going to find me searching for annuals. I need to clean and remove many small plants from the front area and make it pretty again. Dinner tonight is going to be short ribs and sauerkraut baked in a slow oven for almost four hours. Then, for the first time in months, I am going to the orchestra rehearsal. Rather excited to see everyone again.

No comments: