Monday, March 3, 2014

A Busy Nothing Sunday

We watched the Academy Awards last night. That was so unexpected. We don't go to movies because of possible ill people around us, we don't stream movies, we very rarely rent a movie so we are very uneducated about all the nominees. We rather enjoyed it but neither of us made it to the bitter end. The last hour was watched while we were in bed but we were snoring when the big awards were announced.

Why were we so tired? I don't know. We did NOTHING yesterday. Also for the first time in years, we never left the house all day. In the morning, I phoned the Hilton Group to make all of our May road trip hotel reservations. Then, I wrote the itinerary with all the needed information and finally, the forms for an oxygen concentrator to be waiting at each hotel were completed to be delivered to Apria today.

While this was happening, Michael watched a NASCAR race and some movies. We finally decided to pull on clothes and brush our teeth around noon. He had to clean up before I would make lunch: Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese on Sour Dough French Bread. He was very happy. He had some leftover lasagna for dinner last night so it was an easy cooking day for me.

I discovered that if I searched for "low fat/low carb recipes Pinterest," thousand of hits appeared of wonderful new recipes for my diet after the liquid diet ends next Saturday. I spent a few hours culling the recipes, printing and bookmarking them and dreaming of eating.

Five more days before I begin enjoying one meal a day of real food. Let the countdown begin!

Mom and I are going to get together this morning after I do a quick workout at the other rehab. We'll run down to Apria, swing by a Target, share lunch together (I will bring my diet food) and talk nonstop. I always wonder how she did during her weekly Poker game with the guys on Saturday night. Still makes me giggle.

No comments: