Saturday, March 22, 2014

Company Coming Today!

I worked all day yesterday. It began the moment Michael left for work and ended around 3:30. All my indoor chores (including cooking most of the food) were finished by 11:45, had a bite of lunch before working in the yards, cleaning the front door and washing the windows.

The house is perfect. The yards are perfect. I prayed for no winds last night!

I am ready for Lee and Jeff.

Now, I have nothing to do other than to take a shower and make our bed. Period. I have a feeling it will be a long boring morning waiting for them to arrive after their lunch with mom, but I wanted to save all of my energies for our company.

I promise to take a photo of the new folding redwood outdoor table they are bring with them. Jeff really did an outstanding job designing and making it for us. He deserves a nice dinner.

The menu? It may sound familiar: BBQ Rib Eye Steaks, Balsamic Mushrooms and Onion and Cabbage with a light dressing of mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, water and hot Sriracha sauce with peanuts on top. Also, an appetizer of Ina Garten's Sun-Dried Tomato Dip served with celery sticks and crackers. I will also have a bowl of Marcona Almonds (YUM!)) and coconut cashews for munching. Dessert? Marshmallows on a stick roasted over the BBQ coals. Simple. Breakfast tomorrow will be a choice of Breakfast Meatballs or a Breakfast Casserole of turkey sausage, mushrooms, feta cheese and eggs. Michael is tasting both right now, just to be sure they are company quality! He is making moaning noises. The winner is the Breakfast Meatballs.

Believe it or not, I can eat everything except the marshmallows! Again, I have to watch the caloric intake so the steak is going to be just a few bites.

It should be a fun day!

No comments: