Sunday, March 9, 2014

First Meal

Please forgive me if I suddenly sound like someone on the Food Network. I will be brief. It was as good as advertised: my first meal of real food since February 1 was last night. Michael seasoned the 21 day dry aged rib-eye steak before putting it on the BBQ over hardwood coals. It only took 3-4 minutes per side for sheer perfection. Meanwhile, I combined sliced mushroom and sliced onions in a pan, cooked to reduce the liquid before adding balsamic vinegar to the mix. Also included on the menu was shredded cabbage with just a bit of Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing. The combination of the steak with the mushrooms was a match made in heaven. The cabbage added a crunch. I ate a very small piece but it was enough! Nothing has ever tasted as good. Today, back to the liquid diet until a dinner of chicken and shiitake mushrooms with avocado in a lettuce leaf.

It was gorgeous yesterday and I got most of the gardening done within three hours. The tourists were in town (Prince Andrew was here last week) because of the sunshine and mild temperatures. Today? Rain is due later this afternoon so it will be cloudy and cooler today. I am thinking of going over the pass to work out at the other rehab then going to Costco to pick up my new glasses. Red ones.

The possible skin cancer biopsy site looks better and seems to be healing well. The large "water blister" sites from the liquid oxygen have all reduced in size and some have begun to harden to a scab. I was worried about one on my left hand where the blister actually broke on Thursday morning and it was looking a bit infected. It is much better today.

Happy Sunday.

No comments: