Saturday, March 15, 2014

Peg's Funeral, Blessings, A Recipe and a Shocking Beginning to Formula 1 Season

The two-hour drive out to the Central Valley for Peg's funeral was uneventful, we arrived early and were able to spend some time with her two daughters and four grandchildren. A lovely family. Peg was born in England so after the services, everyone was invited to an English Tea. Mom was able to speak with people she had not seen in two years. We left there, got lost finding the freeway (mom is renown for not being good at directions) and I was home by 4:00. It was a beautiful evening, Michael and I sat on the swing under the full moon and talked about the week and other things for over an hour.

At the tea, the Episcopalian priest joined us at our table. She and Peg had grown very close the past five years. A lady next to me commented about my diet protein bar and coffee instead of the English Tea, so I briefly explained the situation. The priest asked if I would like a blessing for healing. I will take all the help I can get and I never turn down a blessing! So, the others at our table placed their hands on me and she offered the most wonderful, perfect blessing. It was so very kind and so very good for my soul.

My next weigh in is Wednesday when I visit the Weight Management doctor. I have not seen her since late January. Boy, will she be surprised at the amount of weight I have lost. Today, I will enjoy my first lunch along with a nice dinner. I am making this pizza with just turkey pepperoni and green peppers: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/thinandcrispy_pizza.html  The yards are demanding attention so I will be there all day today.

Monday, mom and I are going out to a new, special place for lunch as my treat. It will be our first lunch together since late January. She is so excited! It is a rather fancy fish place on the bay. Grilled fish and vegetables! Perfect! I will probably have to bring some of it home!

But right now, Michael and I are watching the qualifying for the first Formula 1 race of the season from Australia and SHOCKED that Vettel did not make it through the first round of qualifying! It is a new year. A whole new group of rules and the front of the cars are totally different. Everyone is having problems, except Williams and Mercedes. It is going to be an interesting season.

No comments: