Thursday, March 20, 2014

Preparing for the Weekend

Drum roll, please! The pounds lost between February 1 to yesterday? Twenty pounds. I even did a little dance on the scale! Another two pounds will be the lightest I have been in decades. Next Wednesday, I hope to hit that goal during my appointment with the nutritionist, Mr. B.

The liver doctor is going to be thrilled when he sees me this morning. I may even swing by Dr. M., my endocrinologist, who wrote the referral to the weight management group for me.

It is going to be a wild ride today. Beginning at 8:00, I am going to buy food at Safeway and our organic market in town, get money from the bank, bail out my fancy high sandals from the shoe repair shop, drive back into the city to the liver appointment at 11:00 then back down the Peninsula to visit the butcher and Trader Joe's. I will be buying all the food for Lee and Jeff's visit on Saturday. I even have a special breakfast planned for Sunday morning. The weather is going to be nice on the coast this weekend so the meals will be served on the new table under the arbor.

In order to be ready for their visit, I am staying home tomorrow to do the yard work, water, wash the windows, clean the front door, laundry, vacuum the carpet and dust the floors. I will also make some of the dinner and breakfast items so I don't have to cook a lot while they are here.

I want to say that I am rather stunned that I feel so good. My breathing is fantastic. My numbers at the rehab class were excellent and it appears that losing that 20 pounds has improved my overall health.

No comments: