Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to Normal

It feels like the first day of the New Year as today is the first day we are back to our normal schedules: Michael to work, me to my life. We both slept in the same bed last night for the first time in a week. It was marvelous. I missed his gentle breathing next to me.

Every Monday, mom and I spend the day together. We have a lot on my to-do list for the day so we will be busy. We will be together again on Wednesday when we visit my dad's crypt then have lunch with her girlfriends over 100 miles away. I love sitting and watching her surrounded by the love and strength of eight women. Such good friends.

Yesterday, we got dressed and jumped into the Porsche. Michael needed to get out of his pajamas and out of the house! We drove down the coast to our favorite dive, which was not at all crowded! On a weekend! What a shock! We sat at our favorite spot at the counter, chatted with the elderly gentleman owner, settled in to split a crab sandwich when I glanced over to our favorite table just as someone there glanced over to us. It was Sally, the RN in charge of the ILD Support Group! She was with dear friends from Southern California. We had a nice chat then, while paying our bill, secretly bought them two pieces of the famous pie for dessert.

Schools are back in session, the traffic will be heavy as people return to work and life after the holiday returns today. It was very stressful for us (the reinstatement of Michael driver's license process and having to suddenly pull together Christmas dinner with just a week's notice after Lenny cancelled) but it was one of the best Christmas' ever, in my opinion. The food was fantastic and everyone seemed so relaxed and having fun. We loved having British Don with us and also welcomed Shelley's wonderful Russ into our home for the first time. All in all, I am glad it is over but will have good memories to carry me through to next Christmas!

No comments: