Saturday, January 24, 2015

Staying Home

Mom and I forced ourselves to be dressed and be presentable to the world yesterday. We both felt horrible. We were able to enjoy a drink at Starbucks on our way to the eye clinic where I waited in an outer area. As it had been less than a week since I felt this flu, I knew I was still contagious. No one wants this, believe me! Mom got her shot and we both went home for naps. It was exhausting!

It is absolutely beautiful here. The king tides are happening and it is expected that we have the warmest weather in the Bay Area today. Unfortunately, that is all they have been saying on the news so we anticipate that the roads will be packed with tourists. Michael is not going to even try to come home. He is going directly from his hobby shop to our former neighbor's daughter's surprise 50th birthday party in San Jose at 5PM. I so wish I could be there but...

I will be alone all day and most of the evening. The goals will be to water the garden pots and nap. I also want to make a new recipe for my dinner so that will keep me busy. Oh, and the laundry needs my attention. I may even get dressed!

We went for a brief visit with British Don last evening. He had been up and in a chair earlier but was just returned to bed along with a nice, heavy dose of morphine. He would drift off in mid-sentence. He actually had a quadruple bypass. Since he lives alone, I hope he is sent to a rehab center for a couple of weeks to insure he is well enough to take care of himself. We are working with his group of friends to insure he gets whatever he needs whether it is food or rides to doctor appointments.

No comments: