Tuesday, January 20, 2015

On My Feet

Thirty-four years ago today, our son was born. He fought to survive a tough birth, had a normal childhood and is a happy, healthy adult. Tomorrow, he leaves on a concert tour in Singapore then New Zealand and Australia. Michael and I will phone him separately sometime today.

I stayed up on my feet and busy all day yesterday. The sheets were washed and ironed and I even removed the duvet cover and washed it. That was a royal pain to iron but it felt so good to fall into bed last night. A nice, clean, ironed bed. We both slept like babies.

While the washer was doing its thing, I cooked. Michael just enjoyed some hard-boiled eggs stuffed with shrimp for breakfast. I also baked some bacon for his breakfasts and made myself a homemade low carb pizza for lunches. Later, a shopping list was put together for food for the week. After the rehab class today, I will visit the butcher's and Trader Joe's.

Then, I went into the yards. About two hours later, they were looking pretty good. It was a day off but a day when I got a lot done and never stopped. A nice workout!

Early this morning, I am going to CVS to print the photos of Sherman's party, put them into a little book and give it to him before class today. A little surprise for him.

My friend Lois leaves for Salzburg for the Mozart Festival this morning. She has been going for the past two decades and even stays at the same little hotel with all the other international guest each year. They have become such good friends that one lady just spent a week in San Francisco with her. The weather has been dreadful in Europe this winter but the beautiful city of Salzburg is walkable in any weather and the concerts are always glorious!

No comments: