Friday, January 9, 2015

Sherman's Party

Plans are moving ahead for Sherman's party. I am meeting with his friend George today to get the addresses of some of his retired friends who might want to come to our party on the 18th. They will need invitations. The cake was ordered yesterday from Costco. Wow. What a deal. I had no idea as this was the first time I have ordered from them. He wanted white cake with white frosting. Done. I will order balloons, buy party favors and a couple of things then I am ready.

Saturday, we are all meeting for a fancy dinner to celebrate his actual birthday. I was torturing him yesterday with threats that I would tap on the water glass, arise and announce his birthday to the entire restaurant and have everyone sing to him. He turned bright red at just the thought of the spotlight on him.

Mom and I are having our toe nails done this morning followed by fish tacos for lunch. Such a treat!

Michael is better but still not totally well. I ran into mom's physical therapist yesterday who told me so many people with his same cold/fever also developed pneumonia. Scary. I am encouraging Michael to take it easy this weekend, we'll buy him a new cell phone and I hope not much else. Maybe a football game or two!

Happy Friday!

No comments: