Sunday, January 25, 2015

Barely Functioning

It was nice to stay home, do the laundry, water the yard, clean the kitchen, empty the dishwasher, begin a new book and just be alone all day yesterday. But, around 6:00, I began to get itchy for Michael. He went to the birthday party in San Jose then walked in the door around 9:30. I was so happy to see him! It felt like forever since I saw him in the morning!

Today, he is going to be gone for a bit but will be home this afternoon to pick up our dinner in town. It is the fundraiser for the girl's basketball team and it is nice to know I don't have to cook! Tri Tip! After dinner, we will hit the road to visit British Don in the hospital. I hope he has made his way out of ICU and is doing well.

I slept in my own bed for the first time in many nights. I propped the pillow up high enough so I didn't cough too much. The tamiflu is really remarkable at knocking down all the symptoms of the flu. As a friend remarked, "You still have the flu but you don't feel so awful." Exactly. I remember the last time I had the flu well over a decade ago, I just wanted to die as it seemed easier than fighting it. I don't feel that this time. It is just there. I cough. I blow my nose. I nap. But, that horrible feeling of flu is not present.

So, this morning I will try to iron Michael's shirts and do some paperwork/bills but that is it. Okay, maybe a nap.

No comments: