Monday, January 12, 2015

Grateful for So Much

I just peeked ahead at the calendar and am wondering where I am going to get the energy to do it all. What a crazy start to the year, though I am not complaining. Last year, we were struggling with several sudden deaths, which continued through the year. We lost a dozen people last year. That was rough.

Dinner with my brother and Sherman's big 90th party are happening this week, we are invited to a surprise 50th birthday party for our former neighbor's daughter next weekend, my orchestra concert is the following Saturday, then sadly, Wayne's mom's funeral is the next weekend. Rather a bit like life: joys of a birthday, a celebration of a milestone, a little music for the soul then a funeral to say goodbye.

Mom and I have a lot to do today after I workout at the other rehab. We have to check in with the restaurant where we are throwing Sherman's party, buy the See's Candy party favors and order the balloons. Today is my brother's birthday so I want to buy a puzzle for his present when we see him tomorrow. Later, we will swing by the butcher's and Trader Joe's for some groceries.

When we were at Sherman's birthday dinner, it was clear that both of his daughters were struggling with health issues. And pain. I was reminded how very grateful I am that I have no pain. It makes daily life so difficult. It makes staying positive almost impossible. It also made me appreciate my walk along the ocean yesterday. After 12 years of this disease, I can still walk and move and breathe all at the same time! For that, I am truly grateful.

No comments: