Friday, January 23, 2015

Nasty Flu

I am feeling better this morning. It may be because I didn't move out of my chair yesterday, slept on and off throughout the day and just rested. My appetite is gone but I did cook a meatball dinner, which is more than enough for a few nights. The only thing that sounds good to me is sugar free Popsicles. Note to self: buy some at the store today.

Today, Mom has an appointment to get the shot in her eye to fight her macular degeneration. We must keep that appointment. So, after a much needed shower, I will drive her to the appointment, stay in the car and nap while she is there, then drive her home.

Tonight, we are going back to the hospital to visit British Don. He had his quadruple bypass surgery yesterday, was intubated in ICU afterwards but should have the breathing tube removed today, if all goes well. He was terrified that he was not going to survive the surgery. As he lives alone and will be unable to drive for at least six weeks, I am going to offer food delivery to him. Homemade, healthy foods.

Saturday, we have been invited to a surprise birthday party. I let the husband know that I was too ill to attend but Michael would be there. He really wants to see our former neighbors who are well into their 80s now.

Sunday, there will be a special treat waiting for us. We bought a dinner for four as a fundraiser for the girl's high school basketball team. Tri Tip Roast, rice, beans, salad, bread and dessert. All the food will be prepared by the local Portuguese Cultural Center in town. These people know how to cook. It is nice to know I won't have to cook for a couple of days! (I will be able to enjoy the meat and salad. Michael is so looking forward to everything else as it will be a special treat for him!)

I must continue to take it easy and rest to get rid of this nasty flu. Tamiflu has really helped to knock it down. I am very impressed.

No comments: