Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Neighbors

Oh, we are going to have fun with the new neighbors! He and I had a chat on Sunday morning, I mentioned that I heard from his wife that he is a bourbon guy and that Michael has experience in that realm. Then, we started talking food and restaurants. After about twenty minutes, I looked at him and said, "I think we have led parallel lives."

Later in the afternoon, Michael went out to gather the recycling and to do a bit of work on a project in the garage when Mike wandered over to offer him a small taste of a bourbon. Yes, Mike and Michael. Well, I watched while Michael zoomed past me in the family room and poured Mike the last taste of a Heaven Hill bourbon that is utterly fantastic that we can't get here in California. I peeked into the garage, not wanted to interrupt their conversation, and smiled as they were sipping and talking bourbons. It turns out that they actually know many of the same people. Small world.

I think we have new friends.

Tonight, we are having dinner with mom, Chip and Betty. It was his birthday yesterday. I am meeting them at mom's so we can chat a bit before I picking Michael up from work then meeting them at the restaurant. Lots of driving! I also need to bring a change of clothing as I have the rehab class beforehand. This morning, I am going to take a walk along the ocean, take a shower before rehab.

Big news: Michael brought his cell phone home last night. It has been in a customer's car since 12/23 and it was returned to the shop on Saturday. He was so happy to get it back but said he really didn't miss it as it was nice not to be interrupted all day long. Interesting.

No comments: