Sunday, January 11, 2015

Preparing for the Week

Sherman's 90th birthday dinner was so sweet. My rehab boys, Dick's wife, Sherman's two daughters, our mutual friend George and his wife joined us for a two hour dinner. It was fun to get some rare laughs out of his daughters, Michael told charming stories, Dick was hilarious, I was totally entertained!

For 90, Sherman is still a tall man who has to wear suspenders to keep his pants up but walks like a kid. No slowing down for him! The waitresses were amazed that he was the birthday boy. No way could he be THAT old! It's true. Sometimes I forget that he is not my age when we are teasing each other. He has become such a dear friend.

This is my last day of rest for a couple of weeks! Chip and Betty come to town on Monday and we will meet them for dinner one night this week. Mom has doctor appointments, I need to confirm all the plans for Sherman's party on Sunday. All of the people from last night plus RNs and patients from the rehab class plus a nice group of his retired friends are all confirmed. I am going to pre-order all the food on Tuesday.

Jill has invited us to Wayne's mom's funeral in the Gold Country of California in February. We are honored to be invited and will, of course, be there to support the family. They are still reeling from her quick and unexpected death.

I am beginning to stress! So, the plan for this morning is to talk a nice walk along the ocean, get my mind centered and face the week ahead.

No comments: