Friday, January 2, 2015

Turning Old...and Boring!

Not only are we turning into old people but we are now...boring! NOOOO! It's true. Yesterday: not a phone call, not an errand. I did nothing but a bit of yard work and a gathering of all the Christmas stuff into one room to be put away today. Hopefully.

Boring. But the really boring award goes to Michael who never left the bed all day, again. He will be coming into the rest of the house this morning, as I am withholding morning coffee to the family room only. No more food service in bed!

Showers. We are both taking showers this morning as well as stripping the sheets off the bed to be washed in very hot water. We are still unsure whether Michael had the flu or just a really brutal cold. With just a 99.4 fever and no muscle aches, I am leaning towards the cold.

The bad news is that I am dragging this morning. Sleeping on the couch is no longer an adventure. I kept waking through night until finally settling in for good sleep between 4-6:30AM. I want my bed back. I want to sleep again. My cough is almost gone and I am feeling pretty good otherwise.

I am whining.

This is not the best way to begin the new year. It can only go up from here! Before Michael's seizure, we were planning a vacation to a resort in Palm Springs for this week. We cancelled it after learning how much we would be paying for his medical bills. But, with Michael having this cold/flu and a sudden cold front that hit Palm Springs, it all worked out for the best. Maybe in a couple of months we can take off for an adventure. Then, we won't be boring anymore!

No comments: