Monday, September 18, 2017

All Alone, Day One

I am one spoiled woman. Usually by this time of the morning, my coffee is hot, strong and ready while my phone is being charged and Michael has rolled up my oxygen hose and returned it to its home in the garage. This morning? I had to make the coffee and it isn't great, I plugged the phone in and no sweet, smiling face was up to greet me to take care of my oxygen. And, that is just in the first few minutes of the day. I am sure I will continue to miss Michael's presence throughout the day. Sleeping alone was just plain strange.

But, we spoke last night after they checked into a hotel in Flagstaff, AZ after driving 830 miles and he said he was not exhausted. As it was a Sunday, there was very little traffic the entire journey. I hope he slept well as he has to get to Amarillo, TX, by this evening. That should be a much shorter leg of the trip than yesterday.

In the meantime, Leslie posted that she and Joe were going to see one of our friend's Irish Fiddling group at the brewery where we play. Another violinist from our group posted that he would join them at 5:00. Hmmmmm. There I sat, dirty from working hard in the yards for three hours and needing a shower anyway soooooooo....I joined them! I felt like such an adult, although I had a diet soda instead of a beer! We even took a selfie of all of us to send to Michael!

After I got home, I needed a bit of dinner but the phone rang. Christien. Her mother's second graveside service was Saturday. Everyone behaved themselves, her step-dad was able to fly out of Florida on Thursday as planned and all was well. Her mom's ashes were split for burial among her home in Florida, her home in Pennsylvania and next to her first husband (killed in WWII) in Holland, planned for October. By the tine I finally ate dinner, it was almost bedtime!

Day one all alone went better than I though it would.

Day two will involve my mom, so it should be fun. She is having a Prolia injection at her university hospital this morning then we will go to lunch. And talk. Non-stop.

No comments: