Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fractured Knee = Prolia Shot

Even with icing and wrapping my knee yesterday, it was swollen this morning. More ice and I will keep it wrapped all day. It is going to take time to get the swelling under control. I will continue to take it a bit easier in the rehab class today.

What a lovely, quiet day yesterday. While Michael cleaned out the garage and even did a dump run, I had my hair done and he met me for lunch afterwards. I have been really watching my diet the past few weeks so I had a lovely warm seafood salad over the best greens ever. I watched as Michael ate cheese and green chilies enchiladas with black bean and rice on the side. So not on my diet!

It has been almost seven years since I lost over 70 pounds with the help of the weight management clinic and my nutritionist. Being on prednisone since 2005 has messed up my pancreas and has changed how I process sugars in foods like all carbs and starchy veggies and sugar. My diet is protein and non-starchy veggies. Period. But with the prednisone, my bones are losing mass. The infusion clinic of my university hospital phoned to make an appointment next week for my first Prolia shot to help my bones. Mom has been taking it for two years and has no issues with it. I hope it is the same for me!

It was 80 degrees in the house yesterday but it begins to cool today. Thankfully. It's fall, for heaven's sake!

No comments: