Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer Cold

Everything fell into place yesterday. Mom and Michael arrive to her doctor appointment on time and I got home early to prepare for the phone appointment with the attorney. All was right with the world.

Michael came home with full-blown swollen sinuses and feeling miserable. He thought it was allergies.  I suspected more. Last Thursday, during the Irish Fiddling rehearsal, Leslie's husband Joe arrived home from work and she mentioned that he had a full-blown cold. Michael arrived to help me take the bass home, they sat on a couch together and chatted a bit. On Friday night, they were together again while watching our gig. Two exposures. I THINK MICHAEL HAS A COLD!!!

That is very bad. If I get it, there will be two months of misery ahead. To make matters worse, he was in a car with mom yesterday and, if indeed it is a cold, she will get it and I could get it from her, too!

The plan: I slept on the couch last night. I am washing my hands all the time. I am starting a run of Coldcalm this morning. I will bring two masks (one for her) and my oxygen when I see mom on Friday. I will keep my fingers crossed a lot in hopes that I don't get it!

The good news is that I will look great with my hair being cut and colored today and I am looking forward to a weigh-in with the nutritionist tomorrow morning.

No comments: