Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pre-Tests for Transplants

The big news is that the UTI seems to be gone for good. I had the test yesterday afternoon at the local doctor's office. Just to be absolutely sure, I will have another test in a month. While I was there, they also gave me a skin test for TB, which will be check on Thursday morning. So far, so good. Next up, a PAP smear. Yuck. Not my most favorite thing in the world. These tests are part of the pre-tests for lung transplants. The first list is:

  • Dental clearance from your dentist to proceed with transplantation
  • PAP smear
  • DEXA bone density scan
  • Skin test for Tuberculosis 
  • Colonoscopy (results within the past 5 years)
  • Documentation of thee vaccinations: Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Tetanus (within the past 5 years), Pneumonia vaccine, Flu vaccine

For this initial round of testing, I have completed them except the PAP smear. The doctor's office is contacting the transplant clinic to ask if I need a full physical exam or a pre-surgery exam. Since this is the beginning of the transplant process, I will be having an intensive exam of all the organs in my body as the process continues. A pre-surgery exam should be good enough for now. Really.

Today should be interesting. I have to dig up birth certificates for both William and me for the trust administers. I have to find his baby book because I know there is one there then I have to get into the safe deposit box for mine. Then, to the rehab class! This evening, there will be an Irish Fiddling rehearsal. A full day.

No comments: