Sunday, July 31, 2016

Quiet

It has been a very quiet couple of days. I checked out the Relay for Life cancer fundraiser at the high school yesterday morning. I'm always a sucker for raffle tickets. Julie, an Irish fiddler, is running in the relay with a team of survivors and they will keep someone moving on the track through the night. Hardy souls! I ran into the wife of the owner of our favorite restaurant with its crab sandwiches right on the ocean north of us. They are a sponsor of this event as she has been struggling with cancer since 2002. We had a marvelous conversation and we both smiled at each other when we realized that we both had that driving determination to fight our illnesses.

I got home, found the couch and slept a bit. I am not feeling 100% as I think I am fighting another infection. I feel so much better this morning.

Michael and I are watching the F1 race from Germany at the moment before we dress and head over the pass to food shop. We are out of food! Later today, we hope to dig out a few plants then relax the rest of the day.

A nice end to a very quiet weekend.

No comments: