Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Not Quite Home



Shelley, Mom and Lee
It has been a rough re-entry into life. Lots of work was needed in the gardens, which took two full days. The refrigerator was empty, the guest room sheets needed to be washed and ironed, photos were waiting to be posted on FB and many other chores needed attention. AND, we drove an additional over two hundred miles to Shelley's baby shower, which was lovely.

We have been falling into bed early and sleeping straight through the night. Last evening, I was given a pass to sit out the Irish Fiddling rehearsal, which worked out great because I was snoring by the time they met.

Yesterday was also my return to the rehab class and I was thrilled to do my entire routine. Usually, the return after being away will be at a reduced workout. Not yesterday. I was soaked but felt great afterward. It was good to see everyone and no one died while I was gone so that was good news!

I still am not feeling totally centered and settled from the trip. Tough because British Don arrives Monday and stays with us through Friday. We are looking forward to his visit and it will feel like we are still on vacation when we are with him.

No comments: