Thursday, May 31, 2018

Weight on Vacation

Continuing to get things done, the road trip photos were printed out and put into a book, I bought a thank you for watching our house gift certificate to a local Italian restaurant for Ron and Susan, mailed a present to Michael's sister Debbie then we prepared our ballots for the election on June 8. I have a long list of things to do this morning including buying more groceries in preparation of British Don's arrival on Monday. The housekeepers are due later in the morning, Jeannie will be waiting for me to drive us to rehab class before noon.

Schedules and appointments and things that need attention. Yup. We're home.

We were very careful about what we ate but...sometimes we went overboard a bit. When the two of us were alone on the road, we were able to have full control of what we ate, split every meal, stayed with my foods so, by the time we got home, I had lost weight. (I judge my weight by where my watch fits on my arm, fitting of my smallest clothing and if my rings are loose.) That is good news as I have an appointment with the nutritionist next week. It will be my first meeting with him in almost a year. I specifically made this appointment right after the road trip as it would be in the back of my mind every time I ordered something or chose breakfast at the hotel Breakfast Bar or even thought of dessert. It really helped. I am nervous but feeling confident going into this appointment.

Why don't I weight myself? I found that I can become impulsive and will weigh myself every hour. That will drive a person nuts as weight fluctuates throughout the day. If I do weigh myself and I have lost weight, I will somehow feel I can now eat things I shouldn't eat. If I weigh myself and I have gained weight, I feel horrible, become obsessed and go overboard. It's best that I don't know. It is also odd that I don't have any of these feeling when I weigh-in with the nutritionist. I almost feel that is a check-in point. Having lost the weight over eight years ago to get under the BMI to be seen in the Lung Transplant clinic, the nutritionist told me that I won't gain it back now. Why? He said that I am too used to how my body feels and that I do not like the feeling of gaining even two pounds. I can feel it and spend a couple of days watching every mouthful and every calorie until I feel better. Somehow I have found the balance for me so I can maintain my weight.

Each of us has our weight journeys and have to find what works for both our minds and bodies.

No comments: