Saturday, March 6, 2010

Childless

















I really miss being with children. I really miss their energy and willingness to learn and grow. I loved watching their faces when a concept became clear. I loved their humor. I loved their honesty.

What I miss most is that I used to be up to date and current because of them: all the latest technology, sites to follow, games to play, music to listen to, movies to see, and the hot TV show.

I knew what the children were into.

Recently, I was watching Adult Swim in the early morning hours. Robot Chicken! A student told me about it years ago. It reminded me that I am no longer current.

I am no longer in the game.

I am sitting on the sidelines now.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I think it's a natural progression that unfortunately got put on fast forward for you. With that said, Your not one to sit on any sideline! It's just a new game for you now. When I think of you I think of this:
Carpe diem
Because this is what you do!