Monday, March 1, 2010

Nice and Soft

During the rehearsal for the orchestra concert, I had a great conversation with one of the members who plays the French horn. I had not seen her since the last time I played with the orchestra over a decade ago. She has an advanced degree in nuclear science. A nuclear physicist. A very bright woman and once again confirmed my suspicion that all French horn players are physicists or should be physicists.

In the course of the quick chat during the break, we were both whining about having dry skin. She held out her arm to me to feel her discovery. It was sooo soft. She had invented a skin cream and brought me a sample of it the evening of the concert.

Now, I have dry skin. I have REALLY dry skin. I have tried everything on the market with little to no success. Yes, I put it on right after a shower. Yes, I smeared it on my hands before going to bed a night. Yes, I used it every day. Nothing worked.

I thanked her for the sample but did not have much hope.

Well, let me tell you that it is the most amazing lotion I have ever used. It even smells good. My hands have not looked so good in years. I am even using it on my neck and face as well as the rest of my body.

Here is the kicker: She gave the recipe to me so I can make it myself.

Yahoo!!!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

The lotion sounds wonderful! Let me know if it's hard to make.