Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weight Management Group Check-In

Monday morning found me at the Weight Management doctor’s office. Early. Dr. M-J interviewed me regarding any symptoms or issues from the 800 calorie liquid diet. She had been concerned about my blood pressure. I have VERY low blood pressure and they thought that it might even go lower with this diet. Fortunately, that has not been the case.

I also have been struggling with seasonal allergies for the first time in my life. Lots of sneezing, coughing, blowing and watery eyes. I feel miserable. She suggested Clariton but not until I discuss it with Dr. K., my lung doctor, on Wednesday.

I will see her again in six weeks. Six weeks. I should be over 20 pounds lighter. I hope.

The food on this liquid diet is not great but the quick weight loss makes is more palatable. I am never hungry. I have lots of energy. All is well except for the allergies.

On the positive side, I lost another two pounds since Wednesday. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and find it invaluable as our city has no IPF support groups.

Anonymous said...

Go to your doctor and ask for him to start one. It has been such an education and I have learned so much from others dealing with ILD.

Thanks for finding me. I hope it helps in your journey.