Friday, March 30, 2012

Conference Call with ATS

Interesting morning. It began at 8:00AM with conference call with the American Thoracic Society from New York, the doctor from Minnesota who is heading the symposium on Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis and me. The subject? My appearance and speech in May the ATS annual conference which will be at the huge convention center in the city.

The focus of my 5-minute speech will be regarding the antigen which caused it plus the implications and repercussions of having the disease. Things like loss of income, lawsuits, isolation, being misdiagnosed. That sort of thing. I was so inspired by our conversation that I sat down and wrote out the speech in long hand within an hour after the call. I will share it with you after the conference in May.

I am so extremely impressed by the American Thoracic Society. It is a well oiled machine!

As company is coming tomorrow for lunch, I am staying home to work in the yards, cook food for tomorrow and go to the rehearsal with the little violin students for their concert next month. A long day.

No comments: