Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bedding

I loved my day yesterday. Since I am now back in my own bed and Michael is feeling better, I wanted to make sure the environment was germ-free. I washed all the linens and, of course, ironed them all. I kept it a surprise and Michael told me this morning that he couldn't believe it when he climbed into bed well after I was asleep.

There is nothing like sleeping in fresh laundered and ironed sheets. Nothing.

I believe that sleeping in a bed that was made in the morning is treating oneself well. It is a luxury. I can't even think about climbing into a messy, unmade bed at night. When I was little and in bed for some illness, late in the afternoon mom would say, "Get up a few minutes and wash your face and hands while I fix the bed." She would straighten the sheets and tuck in any loose ends and fluff the pillow. It always felt better, thus I always felt better afterwards.

Make a commitment to make your bed every morning for two weeks and you will never allow yourself to climb into a messy bed again. It is being kind to yourself and treating yourself. You are worth it.

Yesterday also included a haircut and color and a dentist appointment. Clean teeth. Another luxury. I made dinner in the morning while washing the sheets and had it ready when we met back at the house.

Busy day ahead followed by an orchestra rehearsal tonight. Off into the world I go, just after I make the bed!

No comments: