Thursday, January 17, 2013

Feet

Mom got approval for her upcoming amputation of her toe surgery. She is thrilled. Turns out that the doctors are just going to numb her foot. No anesthesia. We celebrated with a bowl of Russian cabbage soup at Max's Opera Cafe. We ran errands and I brought all the vegetables home and made some Ratatouille for tonight's dinner. The housekeepers are due this morning and I hate to dirty the kitchen after they have been here.

The orchestra rehearsal went really well last night. We played Beethoven's Leonore Overture surprisingly well then the real work began: the famous Elgar cello concert. It is difficult. The notes? No problem. It is the constant changes in time signatures and the need to count each and every note that is the challenge. I am not comfortable with the piece to play it with musicality yet. Hopefully, that will come before we have to perform it in concert!

I have a bunion I developed wearing boots in high school. My new Christmas shoes set it off and I wore them again to the doctor's yesterday. Last night, it was not happy. It ached and hurt and demanded attention. It finally settled down after midnight. It has been a long night.

We have one last night together before Michael leaves for four days. I am planning to take a yoga class, watch the 49er game, do some gardening, stay off the road Sunday because of the local big surf contest, rent a movie, sleep, nap and miss him.

No comments: