Saturday, January 26, 2013

Very Appropriate!

I have been telling the cute story of Natalie's 2-year old son, Oliver the past couple of days. When we met for coffee and a chat on Thursday morning while her car was in the shop, he was so excited to show me his new Spiderman t-shirt. After about an hour of food and conversation and wandering the little mall, he became a bit bored. Natalie asked if he wanted to see a Spiderman movie on NetFlix on her phone. She found one, turned it on and realized that it the was very dark and scary Spiderman movie and said, "Let's find the other Spiderman movie. This one is not appropriate."

Oliver crossed his arms, looked up with her, made a face and said, "But dad says it is appropriate!" We both broke into laughter. She found the other movie and I asked him, "Is this movie appropriate?" He looked at me and said, "Mom says it is appropriate."

How many 2-year olds even know the word appropriate? And use it in a sentence?

During coffee, Natalie asked if I could ask if William would come to her school and speak to the Middle School kids. She can't get them up to speed musically - just not enough time before they graduate - and they are super interested in the technical aspects of music. William phoned last night and I asked if that was something he would do when they were here in March and he said he would be happy to speak with them. For many years after he left college, they still asked him back to speak to the incoming Freshmen.

He also shared with us the name of the group he will be working with from April through the summer. I was just reading the articles online regarding their reunion and it is a big deal. They will be playing large venues and festivals. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Also last night, I mentioned to him that Chip and Michael were planning on seeing The Who but just couldn't get good seats. He told me that he has major friends working on that tour and said he could get the tickets. Quick decision was made and we thanked him but no. Chip is still fighting the end of the flu and I just don't want to be exposed to it. Better not to tempt fate!

This morning, due to the gentle rain, I am not working in the yards but have decided to check out a new yoga studio. The class is specifically for beginners and is only an hour long. I am still trying to find that one class that fits.

No comments: