Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Father's Day

We had a lovely Father's Day. I made some diced ham and eggs for breakfast and we chatted while watching parts of some free movies in the morning - Hangover II, the original Superman and Spaceballs - before we finally got out of our pajamas around 10:00! We never do that but I swear it felt fantastic.

We drove down the coast in the 1966 Mustang that William and Michael have been building from the frame up. It seemed appropriate to drive it on Father's Day. We had the windows rolled down and music playing loud enough to be heard over the roar of the engine. It was so loud, we didn't hear both of our cell phones as William was trying to phone Michael. Oops.

The dive we usually go to south of town was totally booked for Father's Day celebrations so we wandered down the street to a small grocery store. Inside, there was a huge pizza oven and no crowds. Pizza. Probably the worst thing I can eat but...nothing else. Sooooo, I had a very thin crust piece of pizza. Michael was in heaven and I must say that it was delicious. Perfectly cooked. Not a lot of cheese. While waiting, I noticed that William had left a message on my cell phone. We texted back that he would return the call when we were back in the car.

After the pizza, we made our way back onto the road where Michael stopped to phone William. I noticed that the backdrop would make a fantastic photo, so while they were talking, I ran across the street and took the photos. William was in Philadelphia for a day off before today's concert. He said they had just performed for 25,000 people in New York. All were very pleased with the concerts. While they were talking, William's room service order was being delivered. A hamburger. He said he was going to hang out in hotel room and take it easy as it was going to be difficult to get into any restaurant on Father's Day. Room service? We asked were he was staying. The Ritz! Tough tour! HA! Michael reminded him to leave a good tip!

At home, we sat on the swing in the garden, I watered some of my new plantings, we walked through the yards before watching the Giant's game, Mad Men and bedtime! 

No comments: