Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pool Party Recap

We didn't get into bed before midnight. It is going to be a long day today! And forget about cutting the grass because it actually rained last night! Everything is very wet. My goal? Back to bed within minutes then a quick run into town to buy flowers for the hostess tonight and a nice shower. We need to be in the city by 7:00 tonight.

I have to mention that we were driving in the northern central valley of California, often considered the food basket of the country. This area was mostly known for its nut trees and food crops therefore, it was a total shock to drive past fields after fields of sunflowers standing happily in the hot sun. Thousands of acres.

It was fun to see all of Jeff's relatives enjoying each other, as they rarely are able to be together in one room! Mom enjoyed herself so much. We sat with our legs in the pool when it got into the 90s. None of the adults wandered into the pool so I didn't want to be the first one in. At the end of the day, only the children had enjoyed the pool. There was a beautiful breeze so it really wasn't too hot.

I probably didn't make my sister too happy when my niece hauled me into her old bedroom to bring me up to date. So much has happened to her since her wedding in May of 2012. In January, her husband announced that he may not want children after all, the reason they finally married after seven years together. By April, they were separated. It all made sense after she discovered a couple of issues from his childhood friends. She has filed for an annulment.

The food was fantastic. My pasta salad was a hit, Lee and Jeff served tri-tips and a boneless leg of lamb from the grill and local corn on the cob.

The day was filled with conversations with very nice people, watching three young children who were delightful and sweet, watching my mom and niece sit side-by-side telling stories to each other and it was especially nice to watch Michael relax. He really needed a day off. I think he actually drifted off beside the pool at one point!

No comments: