Thursday, July 14, 2016

Visitors

I was a hit with Winnie and Oliver yesterday. While at Safeway, I spotted hunks of lemon bread and pound cake with a chocolate swirl. Perfect. Winnie loves lemon while there is nothing better on earth than chocolate to Oliver. My soul was refilled after their visit. Such great children. While I was getting an ice cube to cool Winnie's peppermint tea, Oliver said, "I spotted a lot of Popsicles in your freezer." A bit later, he chose an orange one and sat alone on the swing enjoying every bite.

Winnie went to the Olympic Gymnastic tryouts and was so inspired. She is tiny but is already part of the Junior Olympic's program. Fearless. Fierce. She showed me a few of her moves on the lawn. They are going to mountains to visit Natalie's mom and her house bumps up against a National Forest. Lots of birds. Winnie told me they are going to bring her birthday binoculars to do some bird watching. Oliver wears his cowboy boots everywhere, even to the very fancy restaurant to celebrate his grandfather's birthday. I saw the photo!

After they left, I made the deviled eggs for breakfast, took a nap and we had a quiet evening. This morning, we have to take the new/old car into the dealership for an oil change and a check-up. We will be together all morning, have a bit of lunch then pick it up this afternoon. Rather nice to spend the day together on the other side of the pass.

Today is the final day of the antibiotics. Tomorrow, I will drop by my local doctor's office to request a test in a week to make sure it is gone. I hope so but something tells me it is not.

No comments: