Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

Nothing like old friends. No explanations. No need to explain your kids or parents or relationships. They have met and watched and seen it all through the years. Dinner with Sue and Jim last night was delightful. We talked about everything. They had invited their children back home to save money to buy their own houses. All their bedrooms are full again. It is a lot of fun, everyone is on track and all are moving forward, even Sue. She is going to retire at the end of this school year and they have lots of plans to travel. They look great and still so involved in life.

Mom and I will be together today. We have no plans and sometimes that is when we have the most fun. Later today, I am finally getting my hair cut and colored for the holiday. My sister phoned to ask that we arrive between 1-1:30 on Turkey Day and, by the way, we are not having turkey. Okay. Prime Rib. We will be bringing the wine...I also will be bringing my new portable oxygen system. On the way home, I know I will be asleep in the backseat of the car and will need the supplemental oxygen this year.

The big day of driving for me will be tomorrow when mom and I visit my dad's crypt and change his flowers. Then, we will meet mom's friends for a birthday lunch for one of her friend's. It's good for mom's soul to spend some time with her dear friends. But, it is a long day for me. A long drive. Lots of traffic and some bad weather this trip. Hopefully, I will recover on Wednesday and be rested and ready to celebrate the holiday with my family on Thursday.

No comments: