Monday, November 18, 2013

Sunday in the Car with Michael

I am surrounded by dust and pieces of walnut shells. On Sunday, we bought a walnut cracker that is so clever and works to remove the walnut halves from the shell. Pop the walnut in, twist, it is perfectly cracked and ready to remove the shell. Yesterday afternoon, I shelled about a quarter of the 25-pounds of walnuts I won at the silent auction for an elementary public school. And it was fun, too!

We left home early Sunday, went to Michael's little shop to remove some tape from the entire side of a friend's car, visited with Sherman's buddy George next door, drove to the city to drop off a motorcycle tank and fender to another friend, back to the Peninsula for lunch on the Avenue, a visit to Sur La Table to buy the nut cracker, cruised the highway to a lamp place to buy a replacement lamp shade then off to Stanford Shopping Center. Nordstroms! Bloomingdale's! We were searching for a new purse and I needed my stylist with me. Michael actually found the perfect one.

The purse it is replacing was bought six years ago and has been used almost daily. It was looking worn and the inside lining was torn. I do love a nice purse but there is a limit to what I am willing to pay for it. I saw a perfect one, but it was over $1,200. Ah, no. Finally at Bloomingdale's, the skies opened up and the angels sang. Ralph Lauren. Black. Leather. Perfect size. Not too heavy. Not too expensive. The winner for the next few years. Imagine where that purse will be.

The drive home through the pass was so beautiful and a visual reminder that Fall is here. It was a lovely day. It was exactly how I love to spend a day - together.

No comments: