Tuesday, November 26, 2013

In a Fog

I was dragging all day long. After having very little sleep Sunday night, I was able to barely function all day without a nap. First up - Medicare Mess. I must say, I love every single Medicare employee I have ever dealt with through the years. They are kind, patient and thoughtful. I would not be good at their job! Terren, who I spoke with on Monday, was up to my challenge and very professional and kind. After I read the list of procedures covered by my Medicare Set Aside from the Worker's Comp lawsuit to her, she told me to have my university hospital resubmit the claim on the electronic Form 1500 and on Section 10 to note that, "this is not part of the WC claim." Perfect. Great. I phoned my university hospital billing department and spoke with someone who I still feel really didn't understand what I was trying to tell her. Resubmit! Refile! She kept telling me that the claim had been paid. I was telling her that it has just been kicked back by Medicare. She said all is well. I should not worry. She will take care of it. I am expecting it all to fall apart. Not a lot of confidence that she will follow through and I will suddenly get a bill in the mail for my hospital stay. If so, I will drive up to the city and deal with it in person.

Hopping into the car to mail the property taxes at the post office, I noticed Michael's sunglasses. It was a very sunny day and I thought he would probably have a headache at the end of the day without these specs. So, I drove by his work to drop them off. Then to mom's. We did the food shopping for Thanksgiving and also a quick run at Sears. Michael has wanted new LED Christmas lights. Holy Cow! They are expensive! He usually hangs 900 lights each year but at $30.00 per 100 lights, that is crazy. He is going by Home Depot today to see if he can find them cheaper.

I finally drove home in an exhausted fog, unpacked all the groceries, cooked bacon for the morning for Michael, put the lamb stew on the stove for two hours, watered the front yard and kept moving. I finally fell into bed at 7:30 and slept straight through the night.

Today? Rehab class. That's it. Tomorrow, the cooking madness begins!

No comments: