Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Checking My Lists

I am having Comcast issues so I am writing this when I have a bit of Wi-Fi. I did go to the rehab class on Tuesday and it felt fantastic to work out. Jeannie and I actually had an interesting conversation with the new guy who seems to be universally disliked. We learned that he was a recent transplant from Oklahoma and was a sales representative, thus the loud endless commenting. We actually had him speaking in a normal volume and learned a bit about his life. I think we calmed him down a bit, too. Maybe there is hope that we showed others in the class to not totally dismiss him. It is going to take some time as he is a challenge to be around.

The laundry and ironing for the trip did get done yesterday and the clothes are being gathered in the guest room ready to be packed on Christmas evening. I was so cold and tired last evening that I grabbed a light blanket and promptly fell asleep about 6:15! We both were awake by 5AM!

This morning, I did some banking then bought all the food I am going to need until we leave including Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas lunch. Within minutes, I will be making four pounds of Sugar-Glazed Walnuts to give as gifts to the rehab staff along with a bit of cash as a thank you for all of their hard work. I will deliver them tomorrow before the class.

Each year, all the people in our little cul-de-sac exchange homemade goodies, which gives us all a chance to see each other and offer holiday cheer. I am making a peanut butter, chocolate, butterscotch, marshmallow, cocktail peanut fudge this year. We usually exchange on Christmas Eve so I must be ready!

No comments: