Monday, March 25, 2013

Pains and Plans

The wrenched knee is demanding attention again. When I woke up to use the bathroom very early this morning, it announced itself with pain. I had been pain free for days and this just shocked me. Maybe it was the yard work I did yesterday. That is the only thing I can think of that may have caused the pain to return. There is a bag of frozen peas on it as I write this morning.

I was still thinking a lot about Lindsey and her memorial service while working in the gardens. Lots of memories.

While Michael and I sat in the garden Sunday afternoon, we heard lots of fire trucks and police cars zooming by the house. I looked on a web site to see where they were heading and found that there was a water rescue just a beach north of us. Helicopters soon joined the search. Apparently, a local 22-year old was playing soccer on the beach and was suddenly taken out by a rouge wave. Sadly, they still have not found him.

Today, the new tunnel connecting the coastside to the city will be opened. It has been a multi year process and gazillions amount of money to build the one-mile stretch, two bore tunnel through a very unstable mountain. The road along the cliffs will still remain opened for hikers and bikers. About every ten years, the area would close for months due to the road collapsing into the ocean or huge rock slides covering the road. This would cause huge traffic problems and profound loss to the local economy. No more, thanks to the new tunnel.

Today is the first Monday in weeks that mom does not have a doctor's appointment. This week, she has one on Wednesday and another on Friday! I was planning to go to the other rehab but I just don't think my knee could take it. So, we will grocery shop and have a nice lunch somewhere. We will also discuss Easter plans.

William leaves tomorrow for a few days of rehearsal in Burbank before they begin their big summer tour. As this group has not toured since 2003, everyone including the band, is so excited to perform in large venues to sold out crowds. He sounded so happy to get back out on tour.

No comments: