Saturday, March 30, 2013

Firsts and Plans

The first tunnel built in the state for decades was opened this past week. It connects the coastside to the city, bypassing a very deadly, scary road named Devil's Slide. Michael and I met over the hill yesterday and drove it together last evening. It was magnificent, long, straight, monitored, filtered air and fans. Exciting.

Also exciting: the gem show. I had no idea. We were a bit early, sat out in the sunshine and watched all the people arrive. What a well dressed group of people! Mom was given two free passes worth $24 from her hairdresser. It was overwhelming. It filled a huge hall at the county fairgrounds. Serious jewelry. Quality costume jewelry. Table after table. Showcase after showcase. Two hours later, we had enough. Our stash? Mom bought herself a ring and earrings for my sister while I bought a very cool pair of white earrings. There is a show every three months so next time we will be more prepared. We spent a lot of time of just looking around as there was so much to take in.

With all mom's doctor appointments, I have missed many of my Monday and Friday workouts at the other rehab. I am beginning to feel it. It is not good. Today, I thought I would go over the pass for a good long workout. Alas, they are closed for the holiday. Plan B - I would pick up the yoga class at 10 this morning here on the coast. I just received an e-mail of all the classes cancelled for the holiday and it was listed.

Plan C - Yard work. Major weeding, ladder climbing trimming, a quick cut and blow. The only possible problem might be the weather. It is foggy here this morning but not wet. It feels like rain might be heading our way. So, if the weather remains stable, my workout will be in the gardens.

My pillbox needs to be filled, the menu for the week needs to be determined and my checkbook needs to be balanced.

So, that is my day today.

No comments: