Thursday, March 7, 2013

Live Well


Within minutes, we are taking off for the long drive to the LA area for Matt’s memorial service tomorrow. I probably won’t write for a couple of days but please search the blog key words for older blogs you may not have read. There is such good information there.

But, I wanted to leave you with the below that I took from The Beast site:

Valerie Harper, who played beloved character Rhoda on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, revealed to People magazine that she has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. “I don’t think of dying. I think of being here now,” said Harper, who also starred in the sitcoms Rhoda and Valerie. According to her doctor, she may have just three months left. The 73-year-old actress survived lung cancer in 2009, later telling Yahoo Health, “I’m of the thinking that we’re all terminal; no one is getting out of this alive. So you shouldn’t start sitting Shiva before it’s time. Live the best life you can.”

And that’s it, isn’t it? We are all terminal except we, with our lung diseases, know what is probably going to send us off into the heavens. I love her final statement. We all need to be reminded once in a while.

No comments: