Friday, March 15, 2013

Rehab Boys, Mom and Upheavals

We giggle. We laugh out loud. We tease each other. It is the rehab class. Sherman asked me yesterday how we ever explain to others what happens in the class? It is silly and fun. For example, we were waiting to have our vitals checked so we could leave yesterday. Sherman and I were sitting side by side when the RN asked if he had any allergies. At the same exact moment, he pointed to me while I raised my right hand. It was almost like a vaudeville act. Our timing was perfect. Everyone, including the two of us, laughed. While we were in LA for the memorial service, Anna's husband was making us breakfast when I started telling stories about my rehab boys. I had him laughing so hard.

What would my life be without my 88-year old rehab friends Sherman and 80-year old Dick? I love them both.

The big news this weekend is that the Formula 1 racing season begins. Practice was yesterday, qualifying will take place today and the race is Saturday night at 11:00PST. It is in Melbourne, Australia. And so it begins.

After spending the day with mom today, the rest of the weekend will be quiet. There may be some yard work but not much else. I am tired from the trip and the week. I need some recovery time.

Do you remember when I wrote a few weeks ago that I felt that changes were coming? Things felt unsettled? Well, that was an understatement. Three relationships ended in the family within days of each other. One short term and two long term. One of those was very shocking. It has been painful to watch loved ones trying to regain their lives. One friend of mine reminded me that 2013 is the year of the Snake. Upheavals are expected. It's going to be a tough year if this continues!

No comments: