Tuesday, December 5, 2017

It Continues

The drama continues. The cell phone rang right as the eye doctor walked into the room to give mom her shot in her eye late yesterday morning. Great. I headed out into the hallway. It was not the surgeon's assistant but another woman, Franny. Clueless. Veronica was going to be out for a few days so I filled her in then suggested that since we were going to be on the campus for a board meeting on Thursday,  could we meet with him in a hallway, staircase, office or coffee shop! Anywhere as I just wanted to know if I had stomach cancer or not!

Franny told me that he had an all day surgery on Thursday but too bad we weren't going to be around on Wednesday. Wednesday? My brain raced. I told her I could be there after my noon dentist appointment. I was worried about having enough time to meet with the dentist then the long drive into the city. She told me that I could arrive anytime but just check in to the front desk.

So, we agreed that if the surgeon did not phone me by 3PM today, I would make the drive up to see him tomorrow.

Why won't he phone me?

I just don't get it and I don't want to make a big deal about it as my life is in his hands. With the loosened Nissen, he will doing more surgery on me. It will certainly be an interesting conversation.

No comments: