Wednesday, February 7, 2018

No More Brain Fog

It took a total of three hours from beginning to end. Three different stores. Groceries are now in the house for a week! Simple foods of roasted turkey breast, salmon and a gyro burger over a Greek Salad. My stomach is still not totally happy but it is doing better. I am no longer nauseous but I did have some surgery site stomach pain yesterday morning. So, I will be sending an email to the surgeon today regarding the vomiting (not supposed to do that with a Nissen fundoplication) and the recent food and pain issues.

Also yesterday, I contacted rehab to request they send the "okay to return to rehab" form to my primary doctor then I emailed her that it was coming. Done. Another sign that I am recovering is that I did not even have a nap yesterday AND I made it to bedtime without nodding off.

While shopping, I put together a package for the injured Irish Fiddling singer/guitarist Dave, which includes four tiny bottles of Irish Whiskey, two cans of his favorite local beer, Molinari salami, crackers, Moscow Mule flavored potato chips (!), truffle cheese, goat cheese covered in tiny blueberries, caramels covered with dark chocolate, small orchid, peanut butter stuffed pretzels and I think that is it. Michael is going to drop it by his house around noon in the "Man Box" that Shelley and Russ made for Michael one Christmas. It is a nice box with "Man Box" in bold print. Michael is going to tell Dave to pass it along to someone else who is deserving.

This morning, the alarm guy is due right at 8AM for probably less than an hour. After he leaves, I am going to wash all the windows and begin the dreaded chore of setting up the files for the year. That should take several hours.

No comments: